The name may give an impression of "difficult recipe" but believe me...its one of the easiest baking recipes
especially in today's time when you can buy Pastry ;-)
I have used a Shop bought pastry so I admit little bit of cheating is there..but hey ho.. some trade off between time and tedious recipes is allowed isn't it :-)
Let's get started then... as they say in Great British Bake off... get set Bake!
500gm Shortcrust pastry ( I used fresh version of Jus-Roll Shortcrust Pastry )
250gm double cream
250gm Dark chocolate
( I used Sainsbury's dark chocolate bar which was 50% dark having sugar in it already )
Almond Flakes for garnishing
Tools or Requirements : 10cm Tartlet tin or one Big 24cm Pie dish
Baking paper cut into squares much bigger than size of pie dish
Ceramic beans for blind baking
Makes : 12-14
- As per the packet instructions, freeze the Pastry pack on the day of shopping and then remove and keep it into Fridge overnight before use and/or when you are going to prepare immediately, keep at room temperature for 45 minutes before use.
- Preheat the Oven at 200 DEG C
- Meanwhile, grease the Tartlet tins with butter.
- Take a chunk of Pastry and roll out to line one large pie dish or small Tartlet tin.
- Using your hands lift the pastry up and allow the pastry to drop into the edge of dish.
- Go around and push it in to the sides make sure it is absolutely pushed to the side ( into the ridges of pie dish )
- Line the baking paper into each Tartlet tin or one big pie dish. Push it gently so that it is placed on the pastry properly.
- Fill with baking beans and bake for 12-14 minutes in oven.
- Remove the baking beans and paper and bake for another 8-10 min until the base turns golden brownish. Do not bake it until very brown which makes the base easy to break.
- meanwhile heat the Cream and chocolate together in a pan over medium heat and stir continuously until the mixture becomes smooth and thick.
- If the base is baked, remove from oven and keep it aside to cool down properly.
- Once cooled, pour the chocolate mixture into the tart shell and arrange Almond flakes the way you like.
- Chill in the Fridge for 60 minutes or until set.
- You can also add any cake decorative stuff you get in baking section. :-)
Enjoy the dessert...and do let me know if you have any questions!